Multicultural Dementia Care & Support Centres
A FREE support program for both carers & their loved one who has dementia
Benefits for carers:
- Enhance personal wellbeing and reduce stress
- Small group sessions to share experiences and ideas
- Skill development sessions to strengthen at-home care abilities & boost confidence
- Information sessions to improve knowledge of dementia care
- Referrals to relevant services
- Make connections with other carers in a relaxed environment
- Enjoy a delicious morning tea & lunch!
Benefits for individuals with dementia:
- Fun activities in a friendly & welcoming environment
- Improve quality of life
- Assistance with ways to stay at home longer
Multicultural Dementia Care & Support Centres are located in Metro Melbourne and Greater Geelong areas.
Free Transport Assistance
Transport assistance is available on request – let us know your needs when you contact us for further information.
Our centres provide FREE care and support for both the individual diagnosed with dementia and their carer who are required to attend together.
Small Group Support
Support will be provided in small groups, with a maximum of 5 couples (carer and care recipient) in each session. These groups will include people with dementia, their carer, and professionals from the Melbourne and Geelong areas.
What services will your support centre offer?
- Personalised assessment and care planning: AMCS’ experienced staff will work closely with you to create a tailored care plan that addresses your specific needs, goals, and preferences.
- Meaningful Activities: We organise culturally targeted and personalised group activities, outings, and experiences based on participants’ preferences.
- Peer Support: Carers will have the opportunity to join Friendship Groups and form an online platform for ongoing peer support, networking, and socializing.
- Wellbeing Checks: We facilitate regular health and wellbeing checks for registered carers, ensuring your overall wellness.
- Education and Skill Development: Regular sessions will enhance carers’ coping skills, communication, and digital literacy. Care recipients can benefit from coaching sessions.
- Referrals and Connections: We offer warm referrals to other service providers when needed, ensuring comprehensive support.
- Link to Existing Services: Carers will be connected to AMCS’s additional services, including employment support, social/physical activities, and digital technology training programs.
How can I join a Centre?
To find out more and register yourself and your loved one:
- complete the form below
- email email@example.com
- call (03) 9689 9170
Our team look forward to hearing from you.